Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dreaming of...

I've been dreaming of home--Nebraska-- a lot lately. A week ago, I had a dream of careening down a narrow ditch roadway with various members of my extended family in a hurry and making everyone but my dad mad. He trusted me, even when I didn't trust myself and almost lost a passenger out the door (we were in a Green VW) and then put us all in the ditch. He was totally unflapped. Then a couple of nights ago there was a dream about a friend's mom having ovarian cancer. Last night there was the weird one with my former boss. Then this afternoon, as I was waking up from a nap, all of my teeth (on the bottom) were falling out, my dad was asking what was wrong, I was in my kitchen picking up my teeth and taking care of the same friend with a sick mom.

I have no idea what all of this means, but I feel like home is trying to get at me somehow. It's obviously inside of me, even if I don't necessarily appreciate it as home.
One of my friends used to say "you can get the girl outta the farm, but you can't get the farm outta the girl." I used to cringe and remind her to never say that about me or around me and other people. But I guess she's right. Even if only in her dreams and my nightmares.

2 comments:

JaCk said...

Greetings from Italy :P

jamee said...

So Intro
A big Hi from Washington State