Sunday, June 15, 2008

The dust settles?


"I have attached to me the dust of countless ages."

Pigpen has been my favorite Peanuts character since I was little. Don't know why, he just seems to have a lot of fun and not care about what others think. And as quoted above, he's got a good perspective on things too. My assumption for this is based on the fact that every time I've been as dirty as he always is, I've had fun getting that way. The dust around him never seems to settle... how exciting.

Now that I'm older and maybe a little less messy (MAYBE), I sort of feel like I haven't cooled my heels long enough for it to settle around me yet either.
But I think that time is coming. Soon.
I still want to get dirty and have fun and play in the mud, but I'm beginning to feel like there's less of a price tag and set of responsibilities on my life to govern the ways and times in which that happens. Maybe I've found that clarity I'm looking for, messy mind and life and all.

No comments: