Thursday, July 10, 2008

You sayin' my pussy's not sexy?



love Jezebel. It's sex and celebrity and stupid shit like that, but with a purpose. Sometimes.
The article catching my eye today, however, is entitled "Get a Sexier Vagina" and I'll just let you take a peek by looking here.
At the site, not me, silly.

You'll see that this is about a "vaginal rejuvenation" clinic in, where else, L.A. Vaj rejuv is plastic surgery for, well duh, your vagina.

Now, upon my first examination of this site, I was incredulous.


The fact that something like this exists is ridiculous. I don't even like spending money on my toenails, making them look pretty (so I don't) with a pedi, let alone droppin' 18 Gs on some slicing and dicing. But what does this say about our culture? No wonder people in other countries look at use like we're materialistic, shallow zombies. I know that those who get the vagiplasty are in the minority, but this is the sort of crack pot stuff that gets disseminated and then speaks poorly about all of us.



I've never been one to think the vj looks too pretty, but I certainly wouldn't go as far as having mine sliced up and reworked. I don't hae to look at it, so what do I care?!


Well, upon further examination (of the site), I clicked on the photo gallery, my purient interestes winning. And let me tell you, I have bitten my tongue. There is a reason something like this exists.

I'm still a little horrified that our culture is so insistent upon bodily "perfection" that we have these alternatives now, but if I can honestly say I'd consider a breast lift (not an increase in size, just a lift), then perhaps I'm being a bit hippocritical here.

To learn more, go to the site here.

No comments: